Thursday, January 24, 2013

THANKFUL THURSDAY!

What are you grateful for?

My thoughts on gratitude are that you can never be thankful and grateful enough.  I am grateful for my children I love them so much!  Aren't they so Presh?!


Muhammad said that gratitude for the abundance you've received is the best insurance that the abundance will continue.

Buddha said that you have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.



In my Mormon (Christ-centered) upbringing,  I learned a song "Count Your Blessings" that has stuck with me all my life.  With the concept that when we are at our lowest and feel the worst, think back at your life and all the positives by listing the blessings and you will realize God and Christ are with you always and there is an abundance in your life even though you may not be where you want to be at the time and things are difficult.  With that in mind, some of you know a lot about my past and the difficulties I've gone through, but I am not bitter or angry, I am grateful for those trials because they have made me stronger.  Challenges in life definitely have the ability to ruin you if you let them.  It all comes back to perspective.

"When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.  Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.  If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself."
                                     -Tecumseh- Shawnee Native American Leader

 Albert Einstein's scientific discoveries changed the way we see the Universe, and when asked about his monumental achievements, he spoke only of giving thanks to others.  One of the most brilliant minds of all time thanked other people over a hundred times a day for the work they had done!  (Excerpt from Rohnda Byrne on gratitude)

No matter where you are today in your life you can start very small and say "Thank You" more often and "Count Your Blessings"!




No comments:

Post a Comment