Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy 15th Birthday Steve-O

I can barely believe it each year as these kids get older. Steven my second oldest turns 15 today and as I am excited that he's turning into a full fledged man, my heart breaks a little at the same time. Every year we (me and the kids) have the same talk. I ask actually beg or bribe with candy (no I'm nit opposed to those things especially when my two year old are throwing a fit in a store I totally give them candy if they promise to be good) if they promise to stop growing up. They reply with tons of laughter, giggling and a cute comment about how they can't help it they just keep growing and then I cry a little bit. I love who they are becoming as they grow and mature but I wish we could just push pause or rewind or slow things down.

I always try to enjoy every stage if life the kids are in so I don't look back and have regrets.

This big 15 year guy has 5 you get siblings that look up to him. I came a cross a picture of one of our family nights when we were all grubbing in some delicious pizzookie I stopped to snap a picture and Steven gave the "peace" sign and Jax at 3 years old did it too because he saw Steven do it. I'm so glad that these kids have Steven to look up too. He is such a good guy. Steven has always wanted to help out around the house with projects since he was a rolly polly 2 year old and i didn't discourage it. Anything he wanted to help with I would welcome and say "your such a good helper" and now he helps me with literally everything big and small from big home projects I've got going on to crafts and hobbies (he loves to learn) to little things like holding his baby brother. I would say one I his favorite things is holding babies and he's always loved babies just like Scottie. One of his friends commented on how Steven is so cool and a "macho" football player at school but when she sees him at home or church he's so sweet with his baby brother and all of his bothers. Tons of my friends comment on how helpful Steven is and so mature and kind he is with his little brothers. Steven has always been a tender hearted guy and a lady charmer. I remember when he was about 1 he would crawl over to the ladies in church and softly touch their stockings and look up and wink at them and he rubbed their leg. He used to look up at the sky when he was 3 when I would push him in the stroller to get him to fall asleep each night and say "mommy I'm gonna grab the stars and put them in your eyes so they will twinkle when you smile". Just recently I have him money for a valentines present in a empty box of chocolates and he interpreted that as love which most kids do and then made me an origami "love" note out of that money. Steven is very strong willed and determined, he's honest, brave, loyal, strong, smart, funny, soooo helpful and respectful. He's a great example to his sister and little brothers. I love that he never acts too old to make cookies with me. I love that he choose good friends and tries to be a good example to those around him. I love that he has a testimony of God and believes in Christ and tries to choose the right everyday. I love spending time with him he's so mature and such a cool kid.

Happy Birthday Steven I have loved you every second of your life.

Xoxo mommy
























No comments:

Post a Comment